Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good Times Had at Spokane Home Builders Show

This past week I had the pleasure of having my "first ever" booth at the Home Builders Show at the Spokane Fair Grounds.  I shared the booth with fellow artist Annie Chermak as she is fantastic at graphic art murals and I do my wall finishes so we thought we would compliment each other.  And that we did, along with allowing some great time to discuss the industry as artists and what we can offer our clients.

The turnout was great, maybe the crummy weather had something to do with it but whatever it was, it was well worth it.  It was constantly busy and I met and spoke with the most interesting people over the three days that the show was going on. 

This show consists of just about every aspect of building or improving your home and is a great "one-stop-shop" when looking for all those components needed to complete whatever project you have in mind.  I met great people in the insulation business, roofing, hard-wood floors, landscaping, building contractor,you name it-they were there.

I was suprised that there was only one other company other than myself representing decorative painting.  My friends from ArtWorks Spokane have had a booth for years so we were the "newbies" and that was just fine.  The one group of professionals that was missing and I was totally surprised about was interior designers.  There was absolutely no one there to represent this market segment and this really shocked me. I thought it was quite a loss on their part.  There are many people who have an idea about what they want, they just don't know how to pull it all together and that is where a designer comes in.  

I would say all in all that this was a productive three days spent showing off my portfolio and plan to be involved next year.  It also is always very good to view people appreciating your art and creative ability as there is so much that goes into creating a piece of art and many times that piece goes unnoticed-until you hear the ohhs and ahhs and someone is telling you how talented you are for creating such a beautiful piece of work.  We can all use a pat on the back now and then...even us older folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment