Friday, January 7, 2011

New Years Resolution...I'm going to learn to love my computer...or else

We are already 7 days into the new year and I feel like I have finally arrived when it comes to computers.  I did NOT say I finally understand them, but I have decided that a very important part of this year is to "embrace" this little machine rather than run from it.  For those of you who know me, you know that this is a MAJOR leap of faith for me.  Yes, I have worked on computers for the past 34 years doing airline business, but that does NOT mean that I had time to enjoy, play, or explore differant facets of the computer.  For 8 hours a day I would type away in "my program" and never ventured out.  When the internet arrived I certainly did not want to play on this machine, after all, it was WORK and I had already put in 8 hours.  Thus, 34 years later, I am finding that I have been completely left behind when it comes to my computer knowledge.  No longer.  I have spent hours, turning into days and weeks only to now realize a few months later, I have alot of catching up to do.  It is amazing how God works in our lives, and I am so glad he does.  I have had the wonderful opportunity of meeting a gal that has helped me so much already to move forward with my commitment of getting "connected" to facebook and blogs, something that sounded like a foreign language to me up until a few months ago.  She not only is very smart with all this stuff, she is extremely patient!  I warned her that I was computer illiterate and need to be told how to do things again and again.  Today we spent several hours going over my facebook and blog, her fingers work so much better than mine so while she typed away I had a blast with her 3 absolutely darling little girls.  Did I tell you that my new friend is young enough to be my daughter and her sweet girls could be my grandchildren?  After she left, I was reminded of a dear freind of my, Louise who was 36 years older than myself but who I found to be just a kick to be around.  I learned so much from her while she credited me with giving her the courage to do things she thought she was too old for.  Together we had a wonderful time and many happy memories.  I think I just might have met a younger version of Louise, like 66 years younger!  Thank you Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! The girls loved being at your house. :-)

    I'm excited for you to be adventuring into this new world -- and I'm VERY impressed that you already put up a blog post! The more confident you become, the more you'll realize that none of this is too much for you after all. :-)

    ReplyDelete