Sunday, January 9, 2011

What a beautiful Sunday

It is a beautiful day in St. Maries.  I woke up to a new fresh blanket of snow, now the sun is shining and there is nothing prettier than the river and snow.  Unless it is blue sky, 85 degrees and the river, but that's not going to happen for awhile so enjoy the season.
After having a perfect morning of listening to Pastor A.J. followed by our adult Bible study (we are doing Revelations and it is fantastic, I highly recommend it) I came home and took my dog J.J. for a walk.  He loves running his nose along the snow, like scooping up snowcones and tossing the snow in the air.  I think the Husky in him is definitely showing up.  That is not all he tosses in the air.  It must be his New Years Resolution to Rid Shepherd Road of all Rodents.  Once he catches one, he tosses it in the air so that he can catch it with a big CRUNCH, then drops it and goes on to his next unsuspecting critter.  So much for just "bopping them on the head"!
I feel like being creative today so I am going to spend some time working on new sample boards.  I have a client who has requested a "wow" wall for her powder room.  Her colors will be seafoam green, pink and taupe.  I recently purchased some new foils and plan to create something from a technique I learned in a Gary Lord video.  I don't have the right colors today but that's okay.  It will be lots of fun.  I always enjoy working with paints, plaster, foils-- they seem to remind me of the carefree days as a child when life was just about having fun and using your imagination.  When I am doing artistic things it does not seem like work but more like playtime.  Wouldn't it be great if everyone enjoyed what they do so much that it is 8 hours of play every day rather than work.  Go ahead, get creative yourself.  You will be amazed at what a "freeing" experience it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment