Sunday, January 30, 2011

Save the DATE: Spokane Valley "First Friday" April 1

I am so excited that I just have to share a bit of news with someone...anyone!  I made a sales call to Arbor Crest Winery as I felt that after seeing their tasting room (lovely but plain) and then knowing that they were remodeling the mansion due to the fire of Dec. 09 my "Old World" wall finishes just might be what they need.  The owners were not there but the "events coordinator" was kind enough to visit with me.  I am finally getting bold enough to take my portfolio with me on these excursions and just happened to have several sample boards with me.  I showed them to her and she loved them! ! !
Not only do I expect to be hearing from the owners regarding some wall makeovers but I have been confirmed as the FEATURED ARTIST FOR APRIL'S FIRST FRIDAY. 
I am excited to be able to show my work and have an audience that will appreciate my art.  I think I am most excited with the comment made when leaving the winery.  I asked a question and her response was "I don't know, you are the artist so do what you think is best."  I was referred to as an ARTIST.  Yes, I think of myself as an artist but haven't really ever had anyone else think of me that way.  Wow, I have finally arrived! !   So, mark your calendars for April 1 and plan to attend the Spokane Valley First Friday at Arbor Crest Winery.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! That is FANTASTIC news! I'm excited for you too, I'd love to try to be there. :-) Congrats, Val!!

    ReplyDelete