Monday, May 16, 2011

Carved Artistry

I never stop being amazed at all the fascinating ways that people create and what materials they chose to create with.  I also find it interesting that simple can far exceed the complex things in life.  Sometimes we get too involved in all the "politics and business" of creating art by attending conventions and all we hear is BUY, BUY, BUY.  Of course alot of these are good products, but also expensive.  Maybe it is high time we get back to the basic things in life.

Today I happened onto a fascinating and INEXPENSIVE way to create absolutely beautiful art using MUD.  I have always loved the smell of dirt after a rainfall and as a kid I could spend hours in my playhouse making mud pies.  Maybe my true inner self has just been waiting for a time in my adult life that I can go back to the basics of  just having fun with MUD. 

If you would like to know what I am referring to you must check out this fascinating website:http://www.strawbalestudio.org/ and take a look at that gorgeous work of art on the wall.  It is sculpted MUD.  With all the interest in going green, this is just a perfect answer.  Amazingly, I was also looking at pictures today from a friend's recent visit to Africa and there were lots of beautiful pictures of MUD homes, isn't it funny how some countries think they are so advanced and yet we are just getting around to figuring out some of these things that the so called "not so advanced" countries have known for years.  I just found this all rather interesting, hope you are following my thoughts on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment