Monday, May 9, 2011

Collaborate and Innovate

I periodically see articles that really hit the spot and a recent one sent by Alyson Stanfield, a marketing coach with ArtBiz.com. did just that.   You know how sometimes you feel like the pastor has been listening in on your private thoughts because the sermon he just gave seemed to be directed totally at YOU.  Well, maybe some of you don't have a guilty conscience and have not experienced that but how about when you just seem to have bitten off more than you can chew and rather than coughing some up and admitting that you have done it, you would rather quietly just sit there and choke!

This article seemed to be written especially for me as I feel like I have got too many irons in the fire and if I don't watch it, I just might get burnt.  See what your personal take on it is.

In order to innovate, something that takes time and energy has to go.  When you have no extra SPACE on your plate you need to delete, along with working smarter not harder.  There needs to be a challenge in order to get me motivated.

Ask yourself some questions like:

Are you a member or leader of an organization that is no longer serving you?
If you are doing something that you think might not be working ask yourself:

Is it fun?
Is it a challenge?
Am I learning anything?
Am I working too hard and not smart enough?

The answers to these questions should reveal alot of things that maybe you didn't even have the time to think about before.  You only get one shot at life, this is not a dress rehearsal.  Therefore, make each day count and if you are not truly enjoying what you are doing you had better figure out what will make you happy and DO IT!

I love to create and do my art.  I don't like computers but it seems to be a necessary evil in order to allow my "fun" jobs to expand and allow me to do what I like. I love cooking and teaching my gals new and differant dishes they can fix for their families. I also like to spend time with my kids and grandkids.  Maybe the next article will be about finding "balance".  I can't wait to see what suggestions there may be.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment